Account Switch Kit

Switching to Boulder Valley Credit Union is Easy

Boulder Valley Credit Union has made moving your accounts fast and convenient with our Account Switch Kit. All the letters and forms you will need to make this transition as easy as possible are provided here… so all you have to do is fill out the forms online, print them and mail the letters to the appropriate companies and/or individuals.

Three Simple Steps to Switch

1.   Open an account at Boulder Valley Credit Union.

How To Join
To join Boulder Valley CU you can: Apply Online or at your nearest branch location.

An initial deposit of $5 is required to open your account. This $5 is the minimum balance that must remain in your share savings account.  If you ever decide to close your account, the minimum $5 balance is returned to you.

If you are sending your deposit via the mail, make your check payable to yourself and we will deposit it to your share savings account. We also require a photocopy of a valid (unexpired), state-issued picture I.D.

2.   Stop using your old account.

3.   Select letter(s) below to print and mail.

Account Switch Kit

Switch Kit - Checklist
Print the checklist, then check off boxes on printed copy as you complete items.

Close My Account
This letter is to notify your previous bank that you are closing your account and gives them instructions for disbursement of any remaining funds.

Switch My Automatic Withdrawal or Payment
Send this form to companies notifying them that you want to transfer existing automatic payments from your previous financial institution to Boulder Valley Credit Union. Payment examples include: utilities, day care, fitness clubs, insurance companies, mortgage, etc.

Set Up Automatic Withdrawal Or Payment
Send a notification to companies in order to set up new automatic payments.

Set Up My Direct Deposit
Use this form to sign up for direct deposit of your payroll into your Boulder Valley Credit Union checking account.

Switch my Direct Deposit

Use this form to change your direct deposit from your old account(s) to your new BVCU account(s). This may include deposits for payroll, social security, etc.

To change Social Security deposits, visit:

Or call the Social Security Administration at:
1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778)

Boulder Valley Credit Union Routing/Transit number: 

Cancel my Automatic Withdrawal or Payment
Send written notices to companies who automatically take payments from your checking account (utilities, mortgage, insurance, brokerage, credit cards, internet service providers, transfers to other banks, child support or court issued payments, etc.) notifying them that you are closing the account.

Verify that your direct deposits and automatic payments have begun posting to your new Boulder Valley Credit Union account.


Adobe Reader
You may need Adobe Reader to view and print these applications. If you do not already have it, download it now.