$7,500 to be Awarded!!
Each year Boulder Valley CU awards (1) scholarship in the amount of $2,500 and five (5) scholarships in the amount of $1,000 to high school seniors in their quest for higher education. The scholarship award is based on high school academic standing, school and community involvement, and financial need.
Current Year Application Deadline:
2013 Scholarship Winners
Congratulations to Samantha Leonard (Boulder High), Andrew Stephens from (Monarch High), Tristan Kaler (Monarch High), Ryan Byrne (Centaurus High), Chad Rachubinski (Fairview High), and Christopher Smith (Boulder High)!
- Applicant must be a member of Boulder Valley Credit Union in good standing. If you are not a member, YOU CAN JOIN! Contact the credit union for membership information.
- Applicant must be a Spring High School Graduate of the current year with a minimum 2.5 cumulative high school grade point average (GPA).
- Applicant must have already been accepted at a college or technical school within the United States and must begin school as a full-time freshman in the Fall of the graduating year with a minimum of 12 credit hours per quarter. Verification of acceptance must be provided with completed application.
Please make sure that you include the following when submitting your completed application.
Applicant must complete the official Application form provided above
- Applicant must list all extracurricular activities (school, religious, community, and sports). Include honors and awards, organizations and clubs you participated in including dates, offices held, responsibilities, etc.
- Applicant must submit an official, sealed high school transcript (obtained from your counselor) including SAT or ACT scores.
- Applicant must have two detailed letters of reference (on letterhead) from non-family members who know you well. These can include teachers, counselors, school administrators, employers, coaches, scout or religious leaders, etc.
- Applicant must submit a typed, double-spaced essay (250-350 words) describing yourself, why you are uniquely qualified for this scholarship, what going to college means to you, and your goals and interests. Grammar, content, clarity, and overall presentation will be taken into consideration.
Note: Please direct questions to BVCU's Public Relations Department at 303-415-3504 or email@example.com
Another scholarship available to members is the
Brayman-Beach $5,000 College Scholarship
presented by Mountain West Credit Union Foundation.
For more information on this scholarship including qualifications and an application visit: www.mwcua.com/brayman-beach
Application Deadline: March 29, 2013